Friday 18 December 2009

December posts

Sally Mann

I really liked Sally Mann's work and I always thought of her work as quite a distinctive style. Because most of the work that I have seen of hers has been Immediate Family. But when looking through one of her other books I found some photographs that were differnt to what I expected. They were titled 8x10 polaroids 1983. I really like the textures she captured by having the fabric and flowers half submergered in water.

I also love the soft washed out colours of the flowers they really compliment the floaty feel to the image. With the use of water it makes the fabic have a weightless feel so it kind of drift in mid air. I think it looks dreamlike.

This works makes me want to experiment with water and fabric as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment